Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it under consideration for publication with another journal or other publication (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in PDF, DOCX, or ODT format. A PDF version is preferred for peer review, but an editable file type must be provided upon acceptance.
- URLs and DOI for the references have been provided whenever available.
- The text is single-spaced, uses 12-point Cambria, follows the current APA guidelines for citation, references, and the mechanics of style, and contains all illustrations, figures, and tables embedded into the text.
The final format of all figures and photos is in print quality (at least 600 dpi) and submitted as separate PNG, TIFF, or JPEG files.
- The manuscript follows the current APA guidelines.
- Processing charges: Please note that you will be charged a page fee based on the final layouted manuscript, including any supplements or appendices. Please refer to the journal homepage for the current fees.
Article introducing a series of contributions on the same subject or topic, namely in Special Issues
Critical reflection on the state-of-the-art in the scientific discussion on a specific topic, reviewing the existing relevant literature about the topic. A review normally does not include new original research and should basically focus on peer-reviewed literature. There may be cases where a review of gray literature is adequate, namely in areas where relevant contributions are not available in English. Length: 5000 to 8000 words.
Regular research articles reporting original research. This is the standard category of manuscripts submitted to Die ERDE. Recommended length: 5000 to 8000 words.
Short research article, e.g. for one good idea with less empirical material; may also report on ongoing research;usually about 1500 to 2500 words; subject to a simplyfied review process (only one external referee).
Shorter contribution from a decidedly explicit point of view, maybe controversial; 1500 to 2500 words long
Of course, only original book reviews, not published elsewhere before, can be considered for publication in DIE ERDE.
Standard length is about 500 words, but the book review may be shorter or longer, if necessary. Please avoid extending the review over too many paragraphs and please avoid endnotes. Please give names in full (not abbreviated).
No open call
If you submit your article for this special issue then please leave a note in the "Comments to the Editor" field if your articles should belong to a different manuscript than "Research Paper" (e.g. if it is supposed to be a Review, Short Communication or Opinion Article). Just click on the link below to start your submission.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0 DEED.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.